IT Solutions Archives - Ekino SG
The objective – Increase membership of the rewards loyalty program
Helping markets increase customer engagement and loyalty, sharing data and communication best practice to increase membership of the Starbucks Rewards loyalty program and the myStarbucks app.
increase in sign-up rate off the back of our tactical campaigns
more revenue for the business
more customer engagement
The challenges – Use datas for a better knowledge of the members
Since 2012, Starbucks EMEA has focused on operating margin growth, seeing significant business success. However, this growth has fostered a mainly transactional relationship with its customers, and while sales went up, the brand itself was watered down. How could Starbucks use data to get to know their customers and members better ?
The EMEA region is one of the most culturally diverse regions in the world. This combined with further complications created by sub-divisions of equity markets and franchisee markets, meant that it is crucial the brand behaves differently when engaging multiple stakeholder types.
Our solution – Customer driven experience to increase engagement
Analysis of the brand challenge across the region showed us that people don’t really ‘get’ what Starbucks is truly about. Generally, people saw Starbucks as a premium, yet very transactional, brand.
Havas CX created a clearly defined role for communications by bringing to life the hidden aspects of the Starbucks brand, creating more meaning in people’s minds and building a new end-to-end customer experience. Achieving this in a highly complex region meant that a tailored communication and enablement approach was necessary to efficiently optimise the opportunity across all 43 markets.
We did this through:
- Creating efficiency and identifying growth – modelling out market clusters, taking 43 down to four, each with its own strategic focus
- Bespoke journeys and messaging – developing customer experiences specific to each of the clusters
We then put theory into practice across a range of channels – personalising at scale and implementing new initiatives in markets every day:
- AR menu boards via the myStarbucks app serving personal menus and prices based on the customers’ behaviours, including previous purchases and favoured locations
- Personal messages from a customer’s favourite store, including thank you messages from the store manager
The results – 48% more customer engagement
Through ongoing data-led optimisation of the Starbucks customer journey across EMEA, Havas CX is improving the activity of new members – activation rate has increased from 27% to 40% and these active members go on to contribute 12% more revenue for the business than non-members.
Comparative to previous campaigns, our work in segmenting audiences across EMEA has led to a 67% increase in sign-up rate off the back of our tactical campaigns, which in turn has led to gross incremental sales of £171,585 within a 2-week campaign window (significantly outperforming previous campaigns).
Let's build together!
Tell us about yourself, your projects, your ambitions, your challenges, your customers and let’s co-create concrete solutions that will contribute to your transformation. We will contact you shortly to learn more.
The objective – A new product offering built for adaptability With 77,000 employees, and revenues in excess of $6.8bn, JLL is a global leader in the worldwide real-estate market. However, the business runs on a traditional real-estate model, with most transactions happening over the phone. In 2018, Ekino became a key strategic and delivery partner […]
Lire la suite de JLL
The objective – To support Paradiski in improving the skier’s experience
Launched in 2016, Yuge is the general public application for the Paradiski ski area, which links the Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry/La Plagne resorts with 425 km of slopes, ranging from 3,226 to 1,200 m in altitude. Ekino helped Paradiski build an enhanced customer experience to improve the satisfaction of its users, the “Yugeurs”. Ekino’s mission was to technically stabilise a platform that did not benefit from the latest technological developments in the field of mobile applications.
connected domain in the world
users, including more than 15,000 connected during the day
million data on the use of ski lifts
million ski sales transactions to be processed per season
The challenges – How did Yuge manage to adapt to the new habits of skiers? How to digitise the ski industry ?
Beyond the practical transformations that connected leisure activities are currently experiencing (community aspect, personalisation of the relationship, entertainment), we noted that it was the whole relationship with the mountains that was evolving.
Working hand in hand with the Paradiski teams, our teams of consultants, mobile engineers (Android/ IOS) and PHP engineers managed to overcome many business and technical challenges :
Business challenges :
- Understanding how ski resorts work;
- Increase satisfaction by setting up a support / after-sales service unit on site and online (app store, google store, social networks)
Technical challenges :
- Adapt to the different solutions and data models proposed by several partners: Teamaxess, Lumiplan, Trinum ;
- Taking into account the constraints linked to the practice of mountain activities: little network on the domain and synchronisation of data to be processed, battery management for an activity that is practiced over a long period ;
- Improve the performance and gamification (tracking) section, mainly on Android ;
- Understand the needs and adapt to the technical constraints of the mobile team (changes in Apple and Google constraints, regulations, etc.).
Organisational and relational challenges: as a new integrator, ekino had to win back the trust of Paradiski’s partners who had experienced difficulties with its previous integrators.
Our solution – A full digital service that responds to the diversification of mountain activities
We managed to stabilise the Yuge platform to ensure a better experience for skiers by putting the domain at the heart of the system. New features have been added and others improved to make the user experience more fluid : photo and video management in connection with the photo spots installed on the domain, improved tracking of ski runs per day with details of performances achieved, badge unlocking system according to performances achieved.
On a technical level, a lot of investigation and retro engineering work was done to stabilise the application as much as possible : a 5-year history of poorly documented development had to be updated. We also focused on the data to further improve the service.
None of this would have worked without synchronizing with the different project partners and testing the application in real life.
The results – A better skiing experience
- A 4.4 rating on the App Store and Play Store
- +10 points of opening rate
- 23 trophies and awards including :
- Customer Engagement Grand Prix – Strategy Grand Prix 2019
- Sports App Grand Prix – Grand Prix Stratégie 2019
- Digital Marketing Grand Prix – Grand Prix Stratégie 2016
- Big Data Innovation Award – Grand Prix Stratégie 2016
- B2B Marketing Excellence Award – ADETEM 2016
- Best mobile application – TOP/COM 2016
- 82% of yugers use the app more than once
- +40% of yugers use the app every day during their stay
Do you have questions or would you like to evaluate the digitalisation of your project in the leisure sector?
The objective – Deploy new services to stand the competition The CANAL+ group mandated us to build its new API platform, thus centralising the business logic of its digital ecosystem. In an ultra-competitive market, being able to quickly deploy new services to deal with competition and constantly remain in phase with the market standards is […]
Lire la suite de MyCANAL –
Lire la suite de
Lire la suite de